Calling and elder in the HP group

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
tylerlybb

Calling and elder in the HP group

Post by tylerlybb »

We have an elderly brother, an elder, who is assigned to the high priests group because that is where he feels comfortable. They have called him to be a home teaching supervisor but the system won't let me enter him as that because he is an elder. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tyler
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calling and elder in the HP group

Post by russellhltn »

First, make sure he is assigned to the HP group. Second, when assigning him to the position, be sure the "office" setting in the upper right corner is set to "all" or "elder".

Failing that, MLS may be set up to not allow Elders to be HP HT supervisors. While I can't find language in the handbook, that's not to say the restriction isn't there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tylerlybb

Post by tylerlybb »

He is assigned to the HP group. When attempting to add him to the calling I don't see an "office" setting in the upper right. Was that a setting that only existed in the MLS and not on Leader and Clerk Resources on LDS.org? I believe LDS.org the only place I can add and change callings anymore, right?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

tylerlyb wrote:He is assigned to the HP group. When attempting to add him to the calling I don't see an "office" setting in the upper right. Was that a setting that only existed in the MLS and not on Leader and Clerk Resources on LDS.org? I believe LDS.org the only place I can add and change callings anymore, right?
The capability to edit callings in LCR will not be rolled out until the LCR 3.0 release on 12 June. Only those in the beta for LCR should have this capability. If you are in a beta test unit, then yes, you can only make changes in LCR. Since LCR is suppose to reflect the same capabilities found in MLS, there should be a way to identify the office. If not, then you may need to submit feedback using the link at the bottom of the LCR page.

Then there is the limitation that russellhltn suggested that Elders may be limited in callings they may hold in the High Priests Group. Being a home teaching supervisors may be one of them. I also was not able to find support for this limitation in the handbooks.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tylerlyb wrote:Was that a setting that only existed in the MLS and not on Leader and Clerk Resources on LDS.org? I believe LDS.org the only place I can add and change callings anymore, right?
Sorry, since the OP didn't make this clear and it was in the "MLS Support" section, I thought we were talking about MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”