Printing reports from MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Listoni

Printing reports from MLS

Post by Listoni »

After selecting a report, I preview it and then click on "print". The page comes out blank.

What I have to do is print/save it as a PDF document and then print that.

Is there a setting somewhere that I can use. I am technically competent so it isn't me (I hope!).

Any suggestions?
Biggles

Re: Printing reports from MLS

Post by Biggles »

I've just had a similar, but not quite the same, problem trying to print Financial Statements.

Indicates that it has finished printing, but nothing happens.

Workaround is the same as above. I've also sent a message via MLS, for their attention.
Listoni

Post by Listoni »

Solution: Install the most recent printer drivers. (worked for me)
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Listoni wrote:Solution: Install the most recent printer drivers. (worked for me)
But not for me!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is this a printer provided by FM, or was this something the local leaders bought themselves? It's possible that MLS doesn't print in a way that's supported by all printers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

No, this printer was supplied by FM. Initially it worked fine, then decided to stop printing Financial Statements, after an MLS update. Every thing else, in MLS and the computer prints fine.

Being the Ward Clerk and the STS, theres not a lot I haven't tried. Including total uninstall of MLS (folders, including the dedicated Java folder), printer drivers etc.. The obvious solution would be a reimage of the drive, but as I've been rushed off my feet since it went wrong, at the moment I can live with the PDF approach.
MichaelAnthony

Post by MichaelAnthony »

I have two units with the same problem, one doesn't get any printing done, the other prints about one page per minute. Was there ever a solution found to this problem?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”