Error 2 Not Authorized

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
drepouille

Error 2 Not Authorized

Post by drepouille »

One of the wards in my stake got "Error 2 Not Authorized" when they tried to transmit their donation batch today. Nothing has changed since last week's batch was transmitted. I checked for a good Internet connection, and was able to get to lds.org using Firefox.

I suppose I will have to go in tomorrow and call Local Unit Support while I am sitting at the computer. I don't know what else I can do from my end.

I am the stake clerk and STS.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Error 2 Not Authorized

Post by russellhltn »

Sounds like a security reset is needed. You can call it in. No need to be in front of the computer at the time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Error 2 Not Authorized

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:One of the wards in my stake got "Error 2 Not Authorized" when they tried to transmit their donation batch today. . . .

I suppose I will have to go in tomorrow and call Local Unit Support while I am sitting at the computer. I don't know what else I can do from my end.
As russellhltn said, it might be worth asking for a security reset Monday and then trying again, especially if some extended travel is involved.

Some of our units get that error when the servers are very busy on Sunday, but have no problem later on Sunday evening, so if someone is up to the unit for a fireside this evening, they might have success if they try again.

The other common problem we see in our stake is that something in the database or one of the files gets corrupted, and more than just a security reset is needed.

And sometimes when there is a program update the security settings get confused. They are not supposed to, I know, but they do.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”