Scout Committee Chair and Committe Callings

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
heyring
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:25 pm
Location: United States Mesa, AZ
Contact:

Scout Committee Chair and Committe Callings

Postby heyring » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:10 pm

Up until about 3 months ago, our Scout Committee was all listed in MLS and appeared under the YM in a section called "Scouting". We had myself (the committee chair) and about 6 other committee members.

Now that whole section is gone and I don't even have that calling listed under my name at all.

Our Ward Clerk said something came down from Salt Lake that caused this to happen.

Was the previous structure removed because they were not standard callings or for some other reason?

I would like to get my committee all grouped together again in MLS. How should I go about doing that?

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20729
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Scout Committee Chair and Committe Callings

Postby russellhltn » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:14 pm

Things are in flux right now as IT is moving calling functions to the web. I'd wait.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

bballrob
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:20 am
Location: The Great White North

Re: Scout Committee Chair and Committe Callings

Postby bballrob » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:51 pm

russellhltn wrote:Things are in flux right now as IT is moving calling functions to the web. I'd wait.

Any chance they are moving the Home and Visiting Teaching to the web at the same time?

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20729
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Scout Committee Chair and Committe Callings

Postby russellhltn » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:16 am

bballrob wrote:Any chance they are moving the Home and Visiting Teaching to the web at the same time?

It does look like existing HT/VT functions will move to the web at the same time. Exact time is unknown, but it's expected this quarter, but it's already been delayed two quarters.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14685
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: Scout Committee Chair and Committe Callings

Postby aebrown » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:48 am

russellhltn wrote:
bballrob wrote:Any chance they are moving the Home and Visiting Teaching to the web at the same time?

It does look like existing HT/VT functions will move to the web at the same time. Exact time is unknown, but it's expected this quarter, but it's already been delayed two quarters.

Correction -- it's expected next quarter (2nd quarter), not this quarter.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20729
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Scout Committee Chair and Committe Callings

Postby russellhltn » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:51 am

aebrown wrote:Correction -- it's expected next quarter (2nd quarter), not this quarter.

Oops. I'm getting ahead of myself.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1454
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Re: Scout Committee Chair and Committe Callings

Postby jonesrk » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:10 am

heyring wrote:Was the previous structure removed because they were not standard callings or for some other reason?

I would like to get my committee all grouped together again in MLS. How should I go about doing that?

They are under Young Men Leaders in MLS. In LCR you will see them under Young Men | Boy Scouts
Ryan Jones
CDOL Developer
Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk
Former Ward Clerk


Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest