Administrator rights and mls

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
burrguy

Administrator rights and mls

Post by burrguy »

Hi, its my understanding that the entire chruch uses a clerk account with the same password (or should anyway). Its also my understanding that this account should not have adminsitrator rights. So how does one apply the updates needed to MLS if it needs adminstirator rights? In our stake we have an administrator and clerk account on each machine. It would be nice if the clerks could apply their own updates and we wouldn't have to give out the adminsitrator password.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Administrator rights and mls

Post by sbradshaw »

It's my understanding that the clerk account *is* supposed to have administrator access, by default.
https://www.lds.org/help/support/new-cl ... r?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Administrator rights and mls

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:It's my understanding that the clerk account *is* supposed to have administrator access, by default.
+1

Some try to run some logins without Windows admin rights, but that's not what the church is telling us to do.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”