Administrator rights and mls

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
burrguy

Administrator rights and mls

Postby burrguy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:22 am

Hi, its my understanding that the entire chruch uses a clerk account with the same password (or should anyway). Its also my understanding that this account should not have adminsitrator rights. So how does one apply the updates needed to MLS if it needs adminstirator rights? In our stake we have an administrator and clerk account on each machine. It would be nice if the clerks could apply their own updates and we wouldn't have to give out the adminsitrator password.

sbradshaw

Re: Administrator rights and mls

Postby sbradshaw » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:57 am

It's my understanding that the clerk account *is* supposed to have administrator access, by default.
https://www.lds.org/help/support/new-cl ... r?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Administrator rights and mls

Postby russellhltn » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:09 pm

sbradshaw wrote:It's my understanding that the clerk account *is* supposed to have administrator access, by default.

+1

Some try to run some logins without Windows admin rights, but that's not what the church is telling us to do.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”