First Presidency Approval

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ryuunohono

First Presidency Approval

Post by ryuunohono »

I have been having problems getting things ready for my wedding becuase I was baptised before I was eight. I am not sure why it happened, eight year olds don't really pay attention to those things. In the past I remember seeing my printed record with an asterisk next to the baptismal date and a note saying that there was first presidency approval for it but now when I print my reecords it is not there. Is there a specific way to be able to see these things as no one I have talked to knows and I cannot prove to the temple that the baptism was valid.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: First Presidency Approval

Post by lajackson »

ryuunohono wrote:I was baptised before I was eight.
I cannot prove to the temple that the baptism was valid.
It sounds as if the ordinance would have been ratified by the First Presidency if the request was made.

If you are not the clerk, you are probably looking at an individual ordinance summary which probably would not show that information. If the information is on your actual record, your clerk will be able to see it if it is on your local record, and if not, he will be able to contact the Membership Department to verify the information.

The temple should also be able to do the same.

The last two paragraphs of Handbook 1:16.1.10 may be very helpful for your clerk and bishop.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

There is nothing you can personally do. This is work that a Clerk and a Bishop MUST do, so work through them. If you are not getting a good result contact your stake clerk and get it fixed/approved etc..

Your original description left a whole bunch out of the situation and narrative, "I have been having problems getting things ready for my wedding becuase I was baptised before I was eight."

But lets hope that people matter more than a computer file or a mistake that your Bishop/parents/Missionary made before you were accountable.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
ryuunohono

Post by ryuunohono »

Just incase anyone has an issue with this in the future we were able to solve it. We found that if the Bishop signed in on MLS and printed out my record then it had an asterisk next to my baptismal date and a note at the bottom saying that it was done with First Presidency Approval. No one else could see the information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ryuunohono wrote:Just incase anyone has an issue with this in the future we were able to solve it. We found that if the Bishop signed in on MLS and printed out my record then it had an asterisk next to my baptismal date and a note at the bottom saying that it was done with First Presidency Approval. No one else could see the information.
Odd. I think either the Ward Clerk or Membership Clerk would be able to see it. It's their job to oversee the records.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”