Unit Member Not Visible in Directory of Members

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
calvinhunt

Unit Member Not Visible in Directory of Members

Postby calvinhunt » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:55 pm

About two months ago a member moved into the ward. I got her info and moved her records into our unit. The move seemed normal. When it arrived I printed off her membership record and put it into the ward binder of member records. Today I needed to look at her record on the ward computer. From the MLS main screen (start up screen) I clicked on Individual Record in the View Individual Record square. I used, Find Individual Record to View and typed in the last name. Nothing came up. I typed in the first name. Nothing came up. So I scrolled down the names of all the ward members till I got to where her name should have been. It was not there. So, I thought maybe her membership had been moved out by someone else by mistake. When I attempted to Request Records, the computer responded that this person was already in our unit. Can you tell me how I can find her in the computer and have her record accessible? Thanks.

eblood66

Re: Unit Member Not Visible in Directory of Members

Postby eblood66 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:08 pm

calvinhunt wrote:About two months ago a member moved into the ward. I got her info and moved her records into our unit. The move seemed normal. When it arrived I printed off her membership record and put it into the ward binder of member records. Today I needed to look at her record on the ward computer. From the MLS main screen (start up screen) I clicked on Individual Record in the View Individual Record square. I used, Find Individual Record to View and typed in the last name. Nothing came up. I typed in the first name. Nothing came up. So I scrolled down the names of all the ward members till I got to where her name should have been. It was not there. So, I thought maybe her membership had been moved out by someone else by mistake. When I attempted to Request Records, the computer responded that this person was already in our unit. Can you tell me how I can find her in the computer and have her record accessible? Thanks.

I'd suggest doing a unit data reset. It sounds like your local MLS database has gotten out of sync with headquarters records.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”