How to add a home teacher that is not a ward member

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jacakk

How to add a home teacher that is not a ward member

Post by jacakk »

We have one or two sets of Elders assigned to each of the wards in our stake. The Mission President has given approval to the SP to utilize these FT missionaries to actually HT part member families. We want to actually go into MLS HT & VT module and create companionships that include the FT Elders. MLS does not see the Elders in the ward because they are not really members of the unit.

Is there a work around that will allow us to create HT companionships using the Elders?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: How to add a home teacher that is not a ward member

Post by aebrown »

jacakk wrote:Is there a work around that will allow us to create HT companionships using the Elders?
Yes. You need to create an out-of-unit record for each of the Elders and then you can assign them as home teachers. Just follow the first set of steps in the linked article (the second set of steps deals with MLS user rights, and doesn't apply for this situation).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Since Elders change so often, what you might want to do is create a dummy companionship - perhaps using just the EQ President and just know by district code that it really is assigned to the FT missionaries.

I can't remember if MLS fusses at you for having someone assigned to HT in two companionships or not. I don't remember it doing that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:I can't remember if MLS fusses at you for having someone assigned to HT in two companionships or not. I don't remember it doing that.
That's works fine unless something has changed recently.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”