Missing Tithing

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Mbujanda

Missing Tithing

Post by Mbujanda »

I am the financial clerk and we were sending the yearly tithing reports to the people of the church. We had one couple that their statement was blank but if we look out through the months we can see their names and how much they gave to the church. Can anyone please help me to get their statement to show so I can give it to them thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missing Tithing

Post by russellhltn »

Mbujanda wrote:I am the financial clerk and we were sending the yearly tithing reports to the people of the church.
At this point, I'd assume it's the statement for tax purposes. I'd check to make sure their donations where actually tax-deductible (and not to "other").

The other thing I'd do is make sure their donations are connected to a donor that's connected to their membership record and connected to the record you're trying to pull up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mbujanda

Post by Mbujanda »

How do I go about and see if it was tax deductible and where do I go to make sure that it is connected to the right person.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mbujanda wrote:How do I go about and see if it was tax deductible
Go back to the donations you can see and see what they were classified as. If it's tithing, fast offering or ward missionary then they should be showing on a tax form. But if they were "Budget" or something under "Other" then probably not.
Mbujanda wrote:and where do I go to make sure that it is connected to the right person.
I hope someone else will take that one. I don't use MLS enough to know the details.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Mbujanda wrote:We had one couple that their statement was blank but if we look out through the months we can see their names and how much they gave to the church. Can anyone please help me to get their statement to show so I can give it to them thank you.
In MLS Finances select More, then in the Donations Panel go to Add/Update Donors. Select the donor and make sure they show as Member of Unit and have their membership record number included on their donor account. You should then be able to print their donation statements.

It is unusual that you would get a blank statement. Even contributions that are non-charitable show up on most financial statements. It is possible there may be two donors in MLS with the same or similar names, and that may be part of the confusion.

If you are not able to resolve the issue this way, I would suggest you call Local Unit Support for assistance.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”