MLS 3.7.4 - organization export is missing

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
daron
New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:49 pm

MLS 3.7.4 - organization export is missing

Postby daron » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:33 pm

Along with organization lists - we also got upgraded to MLS 3.7.4 this week and I've notice that under the file->export menu that the organization export is missing. Has that been remove or moved? The membership, HT, VT export are still there, but no organization. I use that to create a csv file that we import into a spreadsheet. If it has been remove is there a procedure to create csv organization lists?

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20763
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: MLS 3.7.4 - organization export is missing

Postby russellhltn » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:05 pm

daron wrote:Along with organization lists - we also got upgraded to MLS 3.7.4 this week and I've notice that under the file->export menu that the organization export is missing.

See this post
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: MLS 3.7.4 - organization export is missing

Postby aebrown » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:59 pm

[Moderator note: I split this discussion out from the MLS 3.7.4 - organization lists topic, since it deals with a separate issue.]

russellhltn wrote:
daron wrote:Along with organization lists - we also got upgraded to MLS 3.7.4 this week and I've notice that under the file->export menu that the organization export is missing.

See this post

Although that's an interesting post, I don't see how it answers the question at hand. It certainly doesn't say that any exports will be removed from MLS. Indeed, the latest MLS release notes make no mention of any change to the export feature. Surely if an entire feature were removed, one could reasonably expect that to be noted in the release notes.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20763
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: MLS 3.7.4 - organization export is missing

Postby russellhltn » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:58 pm

aebrown wrote:Although that's an interesting post, I don't see how it answers the question at hand. It certainly doesn't say that any exports will be removed from MLS. Indeed, the latest MLS release notes make no mention of any change to the export feature. Surely if an entire feature were removed, one could reasonably expect that to be noted in the release notes.


Hopefully scgallafent will be along soon, but I think the most likely/simplest explanation is that the change in organizations broke the organizational export. And since export is getting no love, it was removed. The failure to mention it in the release notes is an oversight.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6142
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Re: MLS 3.7.4 - organization export is missing

Postby lajackson » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:34 pm

The problem may be that callings and organizations are undergoing a major overhaul at the online Directory that has not yet flowed to MLS. In fact, I saw an MLS message today suggesting that we print out our complete Callings by Organization report. I only briefly scanned the message, but I think it suggested that when CDOL speaks to MLS after the online reorganization, a unit might benefit by having a record of what is supposed to be there.

I also figure that a unit will be glad to have the printed Callings report and will get to use it soon after all the computers and electrons are finished discussing things.

Then again, everything may work most properly and correctly when the change is made.

(We printed the report.)

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Riverton, Utah

Re: MLS 3.7.4 - organization export is missing

Postby scgallafent » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:10 am

russellhltn wrote:I think the most likely/simplest explanation is that the change in organizations broke the organizational export. And since export is getting no love, it was removed. The failure to mention it in the release notes is an oversight.

russellhltn is correct. The organization changes would have required some major changes to the organization export and it was decided that we would go ahead and remove it.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: MLS 3.7.4 - organization export is missing

Postby aebrown » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:51 am

scgallafent wrote:
russellhltn wrote:I think the most likely/simplest explanation is that the change in organizations broke the organizational export. And since export is getting no love, it was removed. The failure to mention it in the release notes is an oversight.

russellhltn is correct. The organization changes would have required some major changes to the organization export and it was decided that we would go ahead and remove it.

I imagine it's not your team's responsibility, but it would be nice if you could pass a request to the team that generates release notes. When a feature is actually removed, it should be standard procedure to mention it in the release notes.


Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest