RS Coordinator

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
tylerlybb

RS Coordinator

Post by tylerlybb »

How, in the MLS, do you assign a visiting teaching district to a specific coordinator? We have 2 coordinators in our RS and 6 districts. So, 3 districts report to one of them and the other 3 report to the other. I clicked on something once that allowed me to see the word "Leader" so the MLS might be using "Leader" instead of "Coordinator", but I'm not sure.

Thanks,
-Tyler
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: RS Coordinator

Post by jdlessley »

tylerlyb wrote:How, in the MLS, do you assign a visiting teaching district to a specific coordinator?
Go to Organizations > VT Organization > VT Districts and in the "Number/Supervisor" column for the district you want to add a supervisor and click the supervisor name, or "(No Supervisor)" if there is no previously identified supervisor, to edit that district's supervisor. The list provided will be a list of RS sisters. One sister can be added to a number of districts as the supervisor. In your case you would select the name of one of the sisters filling your RS VT Coordinator positions.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tylerlybb

Post by tylerlybb »

I probably didn't ask it right. I don't need to know how to add/change the supervisor. I need to know how to add/change the coordinator. The coordinator (as I have just learned recently) is the sister to whom the supervisors report. In our ward there are two coordinators and six district supervisors (one over each of the six districts). Three of the supervisors report to one coordinator and the other three report to the other coordinator. And I don't know how to add/change the coordinator that a district supervisor reports to. Any help is appreciated.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

tylerlyb wrote:I probably didn't ask it right. I don't need to know how to add/change the supervisor. I need to know how to add/change the coordinator. The coordinator (as I have just learned recently) is the sister to whom the supervisors report. In our ward there are two coordinators and six district supervisors (one over each of the six districts). Three of the supervisors report to one coordinator and the other three report to the other coordinator. And I don't know how to add/change the coordinator that a district supervisor reports to. Any help is appreciated.
MLS does not provide any way of associating a district or supervisor with a coordinator. You'll need to handle that outside MLS. The most you can do is just record the callings of both coordinators.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

While there is a RS position of Relief Society Visiting Teaching Coordinator there is nothing in the construct of VT organization or reporting in MLS to show the relationship you are attempting to implement. There are VT Districts with supervisors for each district for each RS organization in MLS, but that is as far as it goes.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tylerlybb

Post by tylerlybb »

I could have sworn that I saw a printout from the MLS that had a coordinator associated with a specific district. Although I think it used the word "leader" instead of coordinator. But I'm obviously wrong. I won't worry about this any more. Thanks for the help!
cschlehuber

Post by cschlehuber »

tylerlyb, you didn't imagine what you saw with MLS. I have a scanned copy of a page of the Print Blank Visiting Teaching Report that was printed 2 Feb 2015. The 2nd line is Peoria Arizona North Stake and the 3rd line is as follows:
Organization: Relief Society / District: 13 - [name & phone] / VT Leader: [name & phone]

When the VT Leader (whose standardized calling was "Visiting Teaching Coordinator") was released the first of this month and the new sister sustained and entered into MLS, the report now no longer has anything following the district supervisor's name & phone.

Needless to say the Relief Society VT Coordinator is not pleased that she must now print her name and phone on every district supervisor's report. An answer from the programmers for MLS would be most welcome.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Sometime this year, VT will be on the web. So I'm not sure any fix will be coming. It's more important that it be in the new tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

We will not be making any changes to home and visiting teaching functionality in MLS. Any enhancement or fixes will be to the web-based version.
cschlehuber

Post by cschlehuber »

@russellhltn,@scgallafent. I know and expect that no changes/fixes would be coming to MLS. My remarks related to a change to MLS that has apparently occurred in the past month, or a functionality that is still there that I and others are not able to find. Just hoping that someone may know the steps involved. I am -not- asking for new functionality to be added to MLS, though it certainly will be useful if the capability to display the VT Coordinator on all district blank reports will reappear on the web based version.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”