MLS 3.7.4 Release

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

MLS 3.7.4 Release

Post by scgallafent »

MLS 3.7.4 was staged to all MLS units today. Units that have received the latest beta are on the release version (3.7.4_23478) and will not need an additional update.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: MLS 3.7.4 Release

Post by sbradshaw »

Hi, I'm curious about the line in the release notes that says "some new organizations and sub-organizations for grouping callings" are included in MLS. Do you have any more details about that?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

sbradshaw wrote:Hi, I'm curious about the line in the release notes that says "some new organizations and sub-organizations for grouping callings" are included in MLS. Do you have any more details about that?
There are some additional sub-organizations that will appear after a CDOL update in a few weeks. You won't see anything in MLS right now. Some examples:
  • There will be an "Unassigned Teachers" sub org that shows up in the Primary and the Sunday School.
  • There will be a "Music" sub org that shows up in Primary.
There are a whole string of changes like that. Once the conversion happens, existing callings will be moved into the appropriate sub orgs and everything will be exposed in LCR.

The big change on the MLS side was to prepare MLS to support the new sub orgs. MLS will continue to "flatten" the sub org structure so that the user interface doesn't change significantly. In Primary and Sunday School, the sub orgs will be exposed because of the way classes are handled. In other organizations, you will only see the new sub orgs in LCR and MLS will handle them without exposing them through the UI.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

When I saw this on our computer Wednesday night, I was hoping that this was the release that would allow HT and VT to be updated online through LCR. I guess not.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

bballrob wrote:When I saw this on our computer Wednesday night, I was hoping that this was the release that would allow HT and VT to be updated online through LCR. I guess not.
Be patient, folks. There are a lot of things that need to happen to get to that point.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

bballrob wrote:When I saw this on our computer Wednesday night, I was hoping that this was the release that would allow HT and VT to be updated online through LCR. I guess not.
This is one of the prerequisites for the LCR release.
JRValentine

Post by JRValentine »

I just pulled up MLS (still on 3.7.3) and there are no users listed. I was on MLS on Tuesday without a problem. Saw that the release happened this week, not sure if they are connected. If they are how would I know and what steps can I take to remedy it? Any help appreciated, thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JRValentine wrote:I just pulled up MLS (still on 3.7.3) and there are no users listed. I was on MLS on Tuesday without a problem. Saw that the release happened this week, not sure if they are connected. If they are how would I know and what steps can I take to remedy it? Any help appreciated, thanks.
The issue of lost user names in MLS happens occasionally. A detailed wiki article was written about it, which you can access at Lost user names (MLS). Note that this page is normally now redirected to the Maintain MLS User Access article in the Help Center, but that article doesn't include the corrective procedures listed in the wiki page. The link I included above avoids the redirect so that you can see the wiki page.

I really doubt it has anything to do with the 3.7.4 upgrade, particularly since you're still on 3.7.3. It's more likely to be caused by one of the reasons listed in the intro to the wiki article.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”