Unit Numbers

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
sjellis9

Unit Numbers

Postby sjellis9 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:19 pm

Where do I go online to find unit numbers for Wards and Stakes outside my local boundaries?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Unit Numbers

Postby aebrown » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:25 pm

sjellis9 wrote:Where do I go online to find unit numbers for Wards and Stakes outside my local boundaries?

If you're a clerk, or in a bishopric or stake presidency, then you can use CDOL. If not, you probably don't need unit numbers.

It's rare that you would need such unit numbers; about the only valid reason I can think of is when you create a payee or donor in MLS for "another unit". If it's a "donor" then you probably have a check in hand from that unit, and the check will have their unit number on it. If it's a payee, then you might need to look it up.

sjellis9

Postby sjellis9 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:29 pm

We had a family from out of our unit bless a baby in our ward. When I fill out the required information (baby resides outside of our unit) there is a field for entering the unit numbers (Ward and Stake). Where in CDOL can I find the required unit numbers?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:37 pm

sjellis9 wrote:We had a family from out of our unit bless a baby in our ward. When I fill out the required information (baby resides outside of our unit) there is a field for entering the unit numbers (Ward and Stake). Where in CDOL can I find the required unit numbers?

You can search for the ward by name using the search field in the upper right corner. Or if you know the bishop's name, you can change the radio button under the search field from "Organization" to "Leader" and search for him. Once you find the ward, you can find the stake's unit number by following the stake link from the ward information (which is called "Parent" under "Associated Organizations").

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:35 pm

You can also use the LDS.org maps tool to get unit numbers. Just search for the ward or stake name. If there are multiple results, click on the name of the correct ward or stake. Then, go to the URL and look for the number that follows "&find=ward:" or "&find=stake:". This is the unit number.

For me, the unit number also shows up next to the name of the ward or stake when I am logged in, but that feature might depend on your calling.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”