Recording of Newly Called Bishop

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Recording of Newly Called Bishop

Post by jonesrk »

mfmohlma wrote:
jonesrk wrote:If you are on LCR 3.0 then you can record the new bishop there. If not you should be able to record it in the stake MLS.
Just so some clerk doesn't come behind me and bang their head on the same wall: If your new bishop was ordained a High Priest and then immediately thereafter ordained and set apart as a Bishop, the High Priest ordination must be recorded before the calling to Bishop can be recorded. Otherwise you get an error that no person matches the search (in LCR 3.0).
Good point. In fact LCR strictly enforces the rules defined in CDOL, so any position that requires a specific priesthood office will have the same requirement.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mfmohlma wrote:Otherwise you get an error that no person matches the search (in LCR 3.0).
Sounds like the error message wasn't too helpful?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

russellhltn wrote:
mfmohlma wrote:Otherwise you get an error that no person matches the search (in LCR 3.0).
Sounds like the error message wasn't too helpful?
No, not terribly specific and seemed too technical (and poorly formatted in a small column). I'll submit feedback.
Capture.JPG
No one matches
(52.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Gee, "because the results are not allowed in this context" wasn't clear enough? ;)

I guess something like "because they do not meet the criteria of this position" would have been better clue. I'm sure they're trying to keep it broad to cover things like age, gender, priesthood office, marital status, class membership, etc.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”