Fast offering expense without recipient Msg

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
cdw3423lds

Fast offering expense without recipient Msg

Post by cdw3423lds »

I have an urgent task that says "a fast offering expense without a fast offering recipient exists." When I click on that it brings up a tab titled "Expense - 4 Jan 2015 and the list is not click able and the list is a summary of expenses not just fast offerings. In all my other searches I can't find a fast offering expense that doesn't have a recipient listed. I looked at this and last years data.

Any ideas what I am supposed to do?

Thanks
Chris W
cwcahoon

Re: Fast offering expense without recipient Msg

Post by cwcahoon »

I found the same issue this morning. Looks like it has to do with the way MLS handles moving a balance forward from the previous year. I would imagine a MLS fix will be forthcoming very shortly. Unless you have problems entering expenses/donations today without reconciling the problem, I'd ignore since it appears to be a bug.
rickk

Post by rickk »

Every unit in my stake seems to have the same problem. It looks like there was some sort of a "hack" put in place to try to correctly maintain the balances after the 2011 records were purged instead of using real carryover amounts in each category. For most of our wards it seems to have worked, but at the stake level (my previous post about corrupted Other accounts) and at least one of our wards, the balances in the Other account are not correct. In creating this massive "Expense/Transfer" item, there also seem to be FO rollups that are causing the urgent task issues. I would agree that this is going to require a fix in MLS and there is nothing we can do about it locally.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

cwcahoon wrote:I found the same issue this morning. Looks like it has to do with the way MLS handles moving a balance forward from the previous year. I would imagine a MLS fix will be forthcoming very shortly.
You imagine correctly. We are aware of the issue and it will be addressed in MLS 3.7.4.
kcgozart

Re: 2014 Year End close corrupts Other Account

Post by kcgozart »

I also had a weird year-end issue. I have a warning in my Urgent Task list that states "A fast offering expense without a fast offering recipient exists." After following the link, it shows almost $25K in total problems from a dozen different accounts, only three of which are fast offering related. None of these problems existed before the year-end. Definitely a computer issue, not clerk mistakes.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: 2014 Year End close corrupts Other Account

Post by aebrown »

kcgozart wrote:I also had a weird year-end issue.
Moderator note: I moved this post to the existing topic for this issue from the topic 2014 Year End close corrupts Other Account. As you can see, it is a known problem that will be fixed in the next MLS release.
lancer87

Post by lancer87 »

Do you know when the next MLS release will be?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

We've been in beta for a couple of weeks and expect to move to open beta shortly.
toogooda

Mystery Check in urgent tasks

Post by toogooda »

Urgent tasks in MLS is showing a statement "A fast offering expense without a fast offering recipient exists" when I click on the link it takes me to the expenses check screen attached.

The numbers are massive ~ one years budget for the ward.

any idea what this is an what I do about it?

PS there is no such check if you look under expenses, and it turned up at the beginning of the new year.
Attachments
SS.PNG
Screen shot
(17.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Mystery Check in urgent tasks

Post by aebrown »

toogooda wrote:any idea what this is an what I do about it?
[Moderator note: I moved this post to the existing topic for this issue.]

As you can see from the other posts in this discussion, there's nothing you can do, except wait for MLS 3.7.4, which will correct the problem.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”