Patriarchal Blessing Recommend form

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
drepouille

Patriarchal Blessing Recommend form

Post by drepouille »

I have had a few clerks ask me about this, and I duplicated the problem on the stake MLS yesterday as a ward clerk watched. When I create a new Patriarchal Blessing Recommend by clicking on the link in Reports and Forms, the address and telephone number of the patriarch are incorrect (his old information, before he moved into an apartment).

I can refresh his address and telephone number by clicking on the button to select him from a list of members, and I can save the form as a "saved form". However, this does not correct the incorrect prefilled information in a new form.

Clicking the button works for the stake MLS and the patriarch's home ward MLS, but the other units in the stake can't see him in their list of members, so that trick doesn't work for them. They must remember to always use the "saved form" that has the correct information.

I have tried updating the patriarch's information using a LUCR, and it does update the CDOL, but it does not update the prefilled address and telephone number in the MLS standard form throughout the stake.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Patriarchal Blessing Recommend form

Post by russellhltn »

It looks to me the Patriarch information isn't looked up from anywhere. It simply saves the last information used.

So bad new - there's no way to update it for the whole stake.

The good news, once someone enters the information for a new person, it saves it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I tried that last night, but it didn't save the new address and telephone number. I could change it on the form, and save it as a "saved form" but there appeared to be no way to save the default pre-filled information. After I had created a saved form, I exited, and went back in to create a new form, and I got the same old incorrect data.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

We in the UK have been requested to use the Patriarchal Blessing Recommendation system, as found in LCR >Applications.

Is this not recommended for the USA as well?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:After I had created a saved form, I exited, and went back in to create a new form, and I got the same old incorrect data.
I tried it with a test database and it worked - but I printed rather than saved.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:After I had created a saved form, I exited, and went back in to create a new form, and I got the same old incorrect data.
Pick someone (like the bishop) to recommend for a blessing. Put the correct patriarch information on the form and print out the form. (Then shred it.)

The next one you prepare should have the updated patriarch information.

If that does not work, call LUS and report a bug.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Brother Jackson,
You are correct. The only way to update the default data is to actually print the form. Previewing it doesn't save the data, and neither does creating a saved form.

This one little thing has confused several clerks in my stake, and since there is no help or instructions for this, I could not answer their questions. Perhaps this form will be added to LCR soon.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”