System Field Color Option Triggering

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rmwooten

System Field Color Option Triggering

Post by rmwooten »

I manage two units on one computer (stake and camp), so I have gone in and selected different colors for the input fields in the system options for each unit, in hopes that it would supply me a visual cue of which unit is selected when I sign in (so I will be less likely to write checks from or add donors to the wrong unit). It would be a most helpful visual cue if the field colors on the sign-in screen toggled to match the unit number selected at the time of selection. Thanks
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: System Field Color Option Triggering

Post by scgallafent »

The preferences for the unit are stored in the unit's database, which isn't opened until after you log in.
rmwooten

Post by rmwooten »

It would be most helpful if the preference switched based on the unit number selected, regardless of being logged in or not. I would think this would not compromise the security of MLS and it would be helpful to users in my case. Are you saying there is no way for MLS to figure out how to access this preference unless a user is logged in?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The field color is listed as a "user option", not a unit option. (And indeed, in my testing, it follows user, not unit.) As such, I can't see how it could be loaded until after login.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rmwooten

Post by rmwooten »

Oh. Now I understand. Thanks for clarifying.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”