Read only calling with 3.7.3

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
JamesJer

Read only calling with 3.7.3

Post by JamesJer »

From the 3.7.3 release notes: "Resolved an issue where certain custom callings were displaying as read-only and could not be updated." I now have 3.7.3, but I still have a calling that is read only. It is in the Relief Society, "Compassionate Service (Funerals)". The person has been released, but the position name is not clickable, and the "Remove" link is missing. I removed the custom calling name from the "Custom Positions" tab; it didn't help. I restarted MLS; that didn't help either. I saw elsewhere that some people had luck requesting a calling refresh. I did that; the read only custom calling is still there. Any other ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Read only calling with 3.7.3

Post by russellhltn »

JamesJer wrote:I saw elsewhere that some people had luck requesting a calling refresh. I did that; the read only custom calling is still there.
How long did you wait between the two send/receives required to request and receive the update?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Wrog

Post by Wrog »

I have the same issue, there's a custom calling in the RS calling list that won't allow me to remove the individual or the calling from the list. I've tried removing it from the Custom Calling list and doing the calling refresh but it hasn't allowed any changes to the entry.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

It's possible there are still some odd issues here. Our QA engineer brought up one he saw this morning.

We're in the middle of some changes that correspond to some upcoming changes in CDOL and this is on the test plan for this change, so we'll be revisiting it for MLS 3.7.4.
ewillie

Post by ewillie »

We have the same issue occuring in our ward. There are three custom callings in the releif society that are showing as "read only." One is Relief Society Welcoming Committe, and the other two are Relief Society Temple Committe.

What is interesting is there are other sisters with the same callings as listed, but only the three are having the read only issue. The other five sisters that the same callings show up and work just fine.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I'll double-check ewillie's case to make sure it's triggered by what we have found to cause the problem. I worked out the design today to address the issue, so it should be resolved in code shortly. There is an update to MLS 3.7.3 coming out soon. This fix will be in MLS 3.7.4.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”