MLS and Stake Changes

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:I'm glad you gave the link to the information because while I knew it was somewhere on clerk.lds.org I could not find it. The search feature was totally useless in finding it. I kenw it was on mls.lds.org and was able to find it there with no problem.

I agree it's not always the easiest to find things on clerk.lds.org. In this case, there are two fairly straightforward ways:
  1. Do a troubleshooting search for "discontinued" -- the desired article is one of the two hits.
  2. Go to MLS Technical in the Top Troubleshooting Articles; it's the 5th out of 6 links there.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Alan_Brown wrote:I agree it's not always the easiest to find things on clerk.lds.org. In this case, there are two fairly straightforward ways:
  1. Do a troubleshooting search for "discontinued" -- the desired article is one of the two hits.
  2. Go to MLS Technical in the Top Troubleshooting Articles; it's the 5th out of 6 links there.
Thanks Alan for the instruction. I was able to find that information once I had the correct key word to make the search. Just so I do not fork this thread too far I will start a new thread in the Technology Web Site about issues with the search feature as soon as I collect my thoughts.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jtwitchell

Post by jtwitchell »

Alan_Brown wrote:I agree it's not always the easiest to find things on clerk.lds.org. In this case, there are two fairly straightforward ways:
One other item to point out was I didn't know to call it a "discontinued" ward. My Stake President said that he didn't receive any documentation on what to do with the ward that was getting discontinued. It may be helpful in the future to have some sort of document or instruction sent out to the Stake President (and/or clerks) with some brief instructions to look online for the details on what to do with a discontinued ward. Of course, it may have been the case that someone knew what was supposed to happen, but hasn't said anything yet... Hard to say. Thanks for the info again.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
jtwitchell

Follow Up

Post by jtwitchell »

Okay, the dust has finally settled and here is what happened. I got the information you had sent me to the proper people and they were able to get our wards re-allocated. We moved some computers around and everything seems to be running. Didn't get any calls on the first Sunday of the change. Thanks again for your help.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”