Signing off tithing

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
stephen500

Signing off tithing

Postby stephen500 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:42 am

A local Bishop reports a problem at the end of tithing . Only the bishop and the exec sec are able to sign off the weekly tithing. No problems till this week? Solutions? Thanks.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Signing off tithing

Postby aebrown » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:19 am

stephen500 wrote:A local Bishop reports a problem at the end of tithing . Only the bishop and the exec sec are able to sign off the weekly tithing. No problems till this week? Solutions? Thanks.

It's not clear what the problem is. It seems you are saying that someone else was previously able to authorize the donation batch, but now can't. Is that correct? If so, what calling did that person (or persons) have? What happens when they try to authorize the batch? What error message do they receive?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:41 am

What version of MLS is running? A new release was just staged this week that fixes some problems.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:23 pm

russellhltn wrote:A new release was just staged this week that fixes some problems.

However, nothing related to authorizing donation batches was mentioned in the Release Notes. So I wouldn't depend on this 3.7.2 release fixing the problem that is being discussed here (although it has sometimes happened that bugs were fixed without being noted in the release notes, so I wouldn't rule it out entirely, either).

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:03 pm

Actually, I wonder if the problem is the new release. It was staged for Beta just in time for last Sunday, so the timing coincides.

The other thing to look at is to make sure the people in question have their calling in MLS and it's a Standard Position. I do see changes in the most recent version that could have a unintended consequence in that area.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:28 pm

stephen500 wrote:A local Bishop reports a problem at the end of tithing . Only the bishop and the exec sec are able to sign off the weekly tithing. No problems till this week? Solutions? Thanks.

I know you didn't say this, but if you are accustomed to having the bishop and the executive secretary authorize the donation batch, you will no longer be able to do so. Only a member of the bishopric and a clerk or assistant clerk for finances are able to authorize the batch. Others may be given financial privileges in MLS, but they will not be able to authorize a batch because their standard calling does not allow them to do so.

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby scgallafent » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:15 am

russellhltn wrote:What version of MLS is running? A new release was just staged this week that fixes some problems.

The changes in 3.7.2 aren't likely to affect this.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”