MLS 3.7.1 Support version doesn't follow instructions on RKA

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
sdassler

MLS 3.7.1 Support version doesn't follow instructions on RKA

Post by sdassler »

Hi, I'm an assistant area auditor serving in Tonga. I downloaded MLS 3.7.1 from the RKATS site to become familiar with MLS so I can instruct clerks in Tonga. The Support version I previously had followed the instructions very well. I got a message a couple weeks age that the license expired for that version. I was told to download the version form RKATS which was replacing it. I did and particularly the portion about setting up a budget does not follow the instructions under the Local Unit Budget Instructions. There may be other issues but this is the one I aware of at this point.

Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: MLS 3.7.1 Support version doesn't follow instructions on

Post by russellhltn »

A couple of comments. MLS can't be run on non-church computers with "live" data. So the only data you can have is the "test unit" data.

That data is well out of date. The children have all graduated primary. And the financial data isn't any better. In the US, we're all on CUBS now, but the test data is still the pre-CUBS era.

The bottom line, the test MLS is becoming less and less useful and there is nothing you can do about it without breaking church policy.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”