Print MLS Directory of Members with Given Name

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mprusse

Print MLS Directory of Members with Given Name

Post by mprusse »

I've run across a problem on the Directory of Members print from MLS. It appears to me that it will only print the preferred name of the member and not the given or full name. Even the column title is labeled "Given Name" but contains the preferred name only. As a bishop I need this directory to provide the full name.

Has anyone else noticed this? Thank you.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

macsense wrote:I've run across a problem on the Directory of Members print from MLS. It appears to me that it will only print the preferred name of the member and not the given or full name. Even the column title is labeled "Given Name" but contains the preferred name only. As a bishop I need this directory to provide the full name.

Has anyone else noticed this? Thank you.
You're right that the Directory of Members generally contains the Preferred Name. This is standard throughout MLS.

There is a setting in System Options (on the System page) called Name Options which allows you to specify that MLS will use Full Names rather than Preferred Names. But that is a global setting that will affect every membership report in MLS, so I doubt that you would want that as a permanent setting. However, you can change that setting, print your Directory of Members, and change it back.

The only other option I can think of is to create a Custom Report. There you can choose if you want Full Name, Preferred Name (or both). But the Custom Reports feature doesn't have sufficient formatting and selection flexibility to duplicate the layout of the data on the Directory of Members.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”