MLS "Not enough disk space"

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
blainejosh09

MLS "Not enough disk space"

Post by blainejosh09 »

A ward clerk was having trouble with his computer not receiving any sort of internet connection and unable to read any flash drive and a couple more errors. We've tried both wired and wireless networks, the computer wasn't able to detect any. No IP address problems either.

He decided to just reformat the computer, so I did.
I partitioned it with the Reserve disk and System disk only.

After we installed the MLS, everything went smoothly until we tried to load the backup "Restore from File", an error comes out saying there isn't enough disk space.

What could have gone wrong?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: MLS "Not enough disk space"

Post by russellhltn »

How much free space on the C drive?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
blainejosh09

Post by blainejosh09 »

Around 200gb.
I remember the drive being labelled "restored..." something. Don't know if that info helps. But, yeah-- 200gb.

PS: As i've said. Only one drive.
b.e.wilson

Post by b.e.wilson »

Did you ever solve this? I'm getting the same error with a new computer installation. 400GB free.
I have a recollection years back (with Windows 7, it really was years back) of this "low disk space" error happening on my desktop at home. I can't for the life of me remember how I got around it. I think I messed with the disk directly, like changing the system reserve partition size.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

b.e.wilson wrote:Did you ever solve this? I'm getting the same error with a new computer installation. 400GB free.
I have a recollection years back (with Windows 7, it really was years back) of this "low disk space" error happening on my desktop at home. I can't for the life of me remember how I got around it. I think I messed with the disk directly, like changing the system reserve partition size.
If this is happening when restoring a backup, the backup is probably bad.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”