New unit creation tools

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
teuscher

New unit creation tools

Post by teuscher »

The Stake President asked me to put together some statistics and proposals for a new unit. While I can find the form required for submission to CHQ, is there an easy or convenient way to create the proposals that have the correct data?

For example, can I simply redraw a map and have all the data recalculated for the new units? Or is this going to be a totally manual process? Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Even forum posts (although I couldn't find anything).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: New unit creation tools

Post by aebrown »

teuscher wrote:The Stake President asked me to put together some statistics and proposals for a new unit. While I can find the form required for submission to CHQ, is there an easy or convenient way to create the proposals that have the correct data?

For example, can I simply redraw a map and have all the data recalculated for the new units? Or is this going to be a totally manual process? Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Even forum posts (although I couldn't find anything).
The tool for considering proposals is called Boundary Proposals and it is available in Stake MLS under Membership in the Boundary Realignment panel. If you search the forum for "boundary proposal" you'll find several discussions on the topic.

The MLS process relies heavily on using stake Geo Codes. You can run different scenarios for groupings of geo codes and see statistics on number of members, Melchizedek Priesthood holders, etc. Documentation is available in the Leaders and Boundaries section of RKATS.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”