Removing non-existent out of unit callings

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rpyne
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:13 pm
Location: Provo, Utah, USA

Removing non-existent out of unit callings

Postby rpyne » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:09 pm

I have a ward member who still shows as having a calling in another unit, which unit no longer exists. How can I deleted this calling?

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20775
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Removing non-existent out of unit callings

Postby russellhltn » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:12 pm

I'd call local unit support. I don't think there's anything else you can do at your end.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1455
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Re: Removing non-existent out of unit callings

Postby jonesrk » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:57 am

I'd be interested in the details if they 'moved' into your ward recently. When their ward changes all the callings in the old ward should be deleted automatically. We have had issues in the past, but if there is still a bug, I'd like to get it fixed.
Ryan Jones
CDOL Developer
Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk
Former Ward Clerk

rpyne
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:13 pm
Location: Provo, Utah, USA

Re: Removing non-existent out of unit callings

Postby rpyne » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:47 am

In February of 2010, while living in our ward, the person was called to serve in a singles ward in our stake. In the interim, the person moved to another ward, the singles ward was disbanded, and the person moved back into our ward. The calling does not show up in MLS, but it does show up in LDS Tools and on lds.org.
Last edited by rpyne on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20775
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Removing non-existent out of unit callings

Postby russellhltn » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:02 am

So, this sounds like a out-of-unit calling that failed to delete when the unit was disbanded. In general, I wouldn't expect moving between wards to affect out-of-unit callings.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

rpyne
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:13 pm
Location: Provo, Utah, USA

Re: Removing non-existent out of unit callings

Postby rpyne » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:08 am

russellhltn wrote:So, this sounds like a out-of-unit calling that failed to delete when the unit was disbanded. In general, I wouldn't expect moving between wards to affect out-of-unit callings.


Exactly.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1455
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Re: Removing non-existent out of unit callings

Postby jonesrk » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:21 am

rpyne wrote:
russellhltn wrote:So, this sounds like a out-of-unit calling that failed to delete when the unit was disbanded. In general, I wouldn't expect moving between wards to affect out-of-unit callings.


Exactly.

No, the moving between wards only releases callings in the ward they are moving out of.
Ryan Jones

CDOL Developer

Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk

Former Ward Clerk

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1455
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Re: Removing non-existent out of unit callings

Postby jonesrk » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:24 am

rpyne wrote:In February of 2010, while living in our ward, the person was called to serve in a singles ward in our stake. In the interim, the person moved to another ward, the singles ward was disbanded, and the person moved back into our ward. The calling does not show up in MLS, but it does show up in LDS Tools and on lds.org.

This has been cleaned up. In this case the YSA ward still had several people in a custom calling. I looked in the database and found a few more, but the most recent was from a ward being discontinued in 2011, so it looks like there isn't a current bug causing this problem.

Thanks.
Ryan Jones

CDOL Developer

Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk

Former Ward Clerk

rpyne
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:13 pm
Location: Provo, Utah, USA

Re: Removing non-existent out of unit callings

Postby rpyne » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:08 am

jonesrk wrote:This has been cleaned up. In this case the YSA ward still had several people in a custom calling. I looked in the database and found a few more, but the most recent was from a ward being discontinued in 2011, so it looks like there isn't a current bug causing this problem.

Thanks.


Thank you.


Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest