MLS 2.9 CES menu

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
GrasseDD

MLS 2.9 CES menu

Post by GrasseDD »

In my new calling, I don't use MLS. So, I haven't seen this firsthand.

I am a CES coordinator, and have been told that the Seminary/Institute reports & exports menu is gone in the stake MLS, and that it is now only in the ward MLS.
Is that so?
If it is, does the stake MLS have the ability to log on an individual ward? And, can one access the Seminary/Institute menu that way (one ward at a time)?

It has been very handy the past couple years to get the seminary/institute potential data export from the stake. The stake clerk e-mails me the "seminary.dat" (or "institut.dat") file, and a previously monstrous job is done in minutes.
If that function is taken out of the stake MLS, we're back to bugging all the bishops/ward clerks again.

Thanks,
D.G.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

duanegrasse wrote:If it is, does the stake MLS have the ability to log on an individual ward?
Only by physically going to each ward's machine. And only if the stake person has set up a login for themselves on that machine.

Sorry, I can't answer the rest of your question.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

duanegrasse wrote:I am a CES coordinator, and have been told that the Seminary/Institute reports & exports menu is gone in the stake MLS, and that it is now only in the ward MLS.
Is that so?
It has been very handy the past couple years to get the seminary/institute potential data export from the stake. The stake clerk e-mails me the "seminary.dat" (or "institut.dat") file, and a previously monstrous job is done in minutes.
If that function is taken out of the stake MLS, we're back to bugging all the bishops/ward clerks again.
You're not the first one to notice that this is missing. See this post, and in particular read the reply to that post, which seems to come from a Church employee (certainly someone who is connected to MLS development).

I'd advise you to contact Clerk Support (msrmail@ldsmail.net) to add your vote that this functionality should be restored.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Alan_Brown wrote:You're not the first one to notice that this is missing. See this post, and in particular read the reply to that post, which seems to come from a Church employee (certainly someone who is connected to MLS development).

I'd advise you to contact Clerk Support (msrmail@ldsmail.net) to add your vote that this functionality should be restored.
I came across this old thread, and just thought I would post an update.

The Seminary/Institute feature was restored to the stake version of MLS in version 2.9.1.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”