Information not appearing in tools app

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jayriggity

Information not appearing in tools app

Post by jayriggity »

Some information that is entered in MLS, is not appearing in some people's Tools App.

Example: a ward member's address is entered into MLS. When I, the ward clerk, look at her record in Tools, I can see that address. Same goes for the Bishop. However, when the RS President, EQ president, YM president, and anyone else I have asked, has looked up this member in Tools, the address does not appear. Everyone updated their phone apps, and synced with the system. Still, the clerk and bishop are the only ones who could see the address.

This problem seems to be present with a few other member records too - phone numbers, adresses, etc, sometimes missing for some people.

Any idea what's causing this? Is the information made private or something so that only certain leadership can see it?

Thanks!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Information not appearing in tools app

Post by russellhltn »

Those families have elected to make thier information visable to "leadership only".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jayriggity wrote:Some information that is entered in MLS, is not appearing in some people's Tools App.

Example: a ward member's address is entered into MLS. When I, the ward clerk, look at her record in Tools, I can see that address. Same goes for the Bishop. However, when the RS President, EQ president, YM president, and anyone else I have asked, has looked up this member in Tools, the address does not appear. Everyone updated their phone apps, and synced with the system. Still, the clerk and bishop are the only ones who could see the address.

This problem seems to be present with a few other member records too - phone numbers, adresses, etc, sometimes missing for some people.

Any idea what's causing this? Is the information made private or something so that only certain leadership can see it?

Thanks!!
Members can set information (such as their phone number, address or email) as private and that information will only be visible to ward level leadership (basically the bishopric, clerks and executive secretary). This is done in the Directory on lds.org (https://lds.org/directory). Clerks can also change these privacy settings for members (also using the online directory) but should only do so with their permission. These privacy settings aren't available in MLS.
jayriggity

Post by jayriggity »

thanks everyone!

FWIW, the reason this came up is that we had a member complaining that her address was not available to leadership (e.g., the RS president). The member of course doesn't think she ever set anything as private, or "leadership only," but I guess she must have (or perhaps I did?). I've now gone in and changed it.

Thanks again!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

For whatever reason RS/EQ President isn't considered "leadership".

Some people have complained that the privacy settings change themselves, but we haven't tracked that down.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”