Transfer funds?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
tubaloth

Re: Transfer funds?

Post by tubaloth »

Yeah so we have our roller over money, and the money the stake gives us. We use this money and create a budget for all the different organizations. But we still have a little bit of money left over that didn't get assigned to a budget. That money, that isn't given to any budget is what I want to pull from. But I don't see a way to do that?
I guess I could always create a "budget" called Left Over Funds and put the rest of the money in that category?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

tubaloth wrote:Yeah so we have our roller over money, and the money the stake gives us. We use this money and create a budget for all the different organizations. But we still have a little bit of money left over that didn't get assigned to a budget. That money, that isn't given to any budget is what I want to pull from. But I don't see a way to do that?
I guess I could always create a "budget" called Left Over Funds and put the rest of the money in that category?
Yes, you have to assign the 'left over' funds to a budget in order to use it. You can either create a new category (called Left Over Funds or whatever) or you can add it to an existing category and then write the check from that category.
tubaloth

Post by tubaloth »

Yeah so I talked to the bishop and I gave them two options Create a new Budget for the left over funds (the ones that rolled over from last year.) On the Budget report they show up as Unassigned Annual Budget. Or just add money to the YW's budget and take the money from there. They thought the first way was better. But when I go into Category's I can't seem to find a way to add a budget. I was thinking of putting it in the Budget Allocation but like you say that is used for the stake. So should I be able to create a budget for this? It is a little strange.

I have left over funds from last year. we want to use them. the only way to use them is put them in a budget. I can't create a budget for them.
Thanks
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

tubaloth wrote:Yeah so I talked to the bishop and I gave them two options Create a new Budget for the left over funds (the ones that rolled over from last year.) On the Budget report they show up as Unassigned Annual Budget. Or just add money to the YW's budget and take the money from there. They thought the first way was better. But when I go into Category's I can't seem to find a way to add a budget. I was thinking of putting it in the Budget Allocation but like you say that is used for the stake. So should I be able to create a budget for this? It is a little strange.

I have left over funds from last year. we want to use them. the only way to use them is put them in a budget. I can't create a budget for them.
Thanks
You have to create new categories as sub-categories of an existing top budget level categories. You can't create new top level categories. In this case, I'd suggest creating it as a sub-category of YW. In the Finance > Budget > Add/Update Categories screen, first select the Budget > YW line and then Add button should be enabled and you should be able to add a sub-category.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

eblood66 wrote:You have to create new categories as sub-categories of an existing top budget level categories. You can't create new top level categories. In this case, I'd suggest creating it as a sub-category of YW. In the Finance > Budget > Add/Update Categories screen, first select the Budget > YW line and then Add button should be enabled and you should be able to add a sub-category.
Or if you're using these previously unallocated funds for purposes in addition to YW, you might want to choose a subcategory of "Budget:Administration".

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”