Adjust MLS font size

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
clintgardner

Adjust MLS font size

Post by clintgardner »

Can't find the right forum,
My question is on the new computers,,, the MLS program is way too small. It does not respond to Windows sizing. Is there a way to increase the font size within MLS
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Adjust MLS font size

Post by aebrown »

clintgardner wrote:Can't find the right forum,
I moved your question to the MLS forum.
clintgardner wrote:My question is on the new computers,,, the MLS program is way too small. It does not respond to Windows sizing. Is there a way to increase the font size within MLS
MLS has never responded to Windows font settings. So I think your only choice for making MLS bigger is to reduce the resolution of your screen.
digitalpike

Post by digitalpike »

I have the same problem.
I even tried changing the resolution on the computer to make all the font bigger. Even with the resolution increased to maximum the font is close to size 6.
There has to be a way to fix this.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

digitalpike wrote:There has to be a way to fix this.
There may not be. MLS is "old" software and all or almost all the membership functions have been moved to LCR. If that is all you need then I recommend you use LCR which gives you more freedom in adjusting font sizes.

I don't have visibility of the road map, but it appears to me that the church is actively working to retire MLS sooner rather than later. Don't read anything into "actively working" - the church does not have very many programmers so they are spread very thin and I am just a lowly ward clerk in Oklahoma.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

digitalpike wrote:Even with the resolution increased to maximum the font is close to size 6.
Increase? That's the wrong direction. Try doing lower so each pixel will cover more screen space. Depending on the selection, that can make your screen look "faxed" or "bumpy".

Under "Display" in Control Panel for Windows 10, there's a setting called "scaling" that would help.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
digitalpike

Post by digitalpike »

You are correct.

After going to settings then system, I played around with resolution and sizes and going down rather than up on size seemed to fix most of the problems.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”