HT data from home

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
sstockfo

HT data from home

Post by sstockfo »

Looking for project info to enter HT data from home. I have searched, didn't find what I was looking for. Mostly found people pointing out that have one computer in the clerks office makes it difficult for all those who want to use it. I am looking for any proposed solutions on the horizon that would allow aux secs to access basic mls info from home to do ht reporting and route editing.
RossEvans

Re: HT data from home

Post by RossEvans »

sstockfo wrote:Looking for project info to enter HT data from home. I have searched, didn't find what I was looking for. Mostly found people pointing out that have one computer in the clerks office makes it difficult for all those who want to use it. I am looking for any proposed solutions on the horizon that would allow aux secs to access basic mls info from home to do ht reporting and route editing.
There is no integrated solution, merely the distant hope that HT/VT data will be online someday. But there are workarounds to keep snapshot files at home. The best way I know of is to have your quorum presidency ask the ward clerk and/or bishop for an MLS export file called HomeTeaching.csv. (The clerk will need administrative privileges to get this file.)

That file contains one row for every household in the ward, whether they are assigned home teachers or not, along with all the companionships and district supervisors. You can pop the file into a spreadsheet of your own. Of course, any reporting or any route editing you do offline will have to be rekeyed back into MLS.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”