removing users

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
cowboypriest

Re: removing users

Post by cowboypriest »

I agree. However, this leaves MLS littered with a confusing morass of users and passwords that are obsolete. Also, I cannot just create a new profile for an existing user because it prevents one person from being given two profiles. What a mess.
eblood66

Re: removing users

Post by eblood66 »

cowboypriest wrote:I agree. However, this leaves MLS littered with a confusing morass of users and passwords that are obsolete. Also, I cannot just create a new profile for an existing user because it prevents one person from being given two profiles. What a mess.
But the inactive users only show up on a single screen that only has to be accessed very occasionally (when adding new users or inactivating/deleting old users). The inactive users don't show up anywhere else. That seems like a small price to pay in order to maintain accurate historical records of who did what, particularly for important financial records.

And if you name user accounts based on member names there is no need to create two profiles for the same user. If an inactive user needs access again you just reactive the user and set their new access rights. Admittedly there can be a bit of a mess while transitioning from calling based usernames to name based usernames though.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”