Urgent Task -- Not

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
drepouille

Re: Urgent Task -- Not

Post by drepouille »

It appears to me that the Urgent Task pop-up has been disabled. When I started the stake MLS just now, it only asked if I wanted to do a Send/Receive. I clicked No, and looked at the Urgent Task list, where I saw the "MLS has not been backed up recently" message. There was no Urgent Task pop-up at all.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

drepouille wrote:It appears to me that the Urgent Task pop-up has been disabled.
It hasn't been disabled, so you should still be seeing it. I'd have to dig in to see what is going on, but I don't think we've made any changes there recently.

If you start seeing this consistently or anyone else starts seeing it consistently, let us know so that we can dig in and see what is going on.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

Shame on me for not being diligent in noting when it started or reporting it, but I have consistently seen the Urgent Task pop-up every time I sign in to my stake MLS. It has been going on for awhile, so it may indeed have started with 3.7 in March as Br. Jackson reported.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I did a little poking to see if I could see what was triggering this, but didn't see anything obvious at first glance. I'd like to determine if it's happening to wards, stakes, or both.

When you get a popup that there are urgent tasks but nothing is listed on the urgent task panel, are you running MLS as a ward or a stake?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Both jeromer7 and myself are stake clerks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

drepouille wrote:Both jeromer7 and myself are stake clerks.
And just for a contrasting view, I would note that I am also a stake clerk, but I do NOT get the spurious "Urgent Tasks" message on startup with my stake MLS 3.7.0 installation.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

That lets me rule out the code that isn't executed for stakes. It is happening in wards or just in stakes?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I believe lajackson (in the OP) was using the stake MLS. My stake MLS was displaying this pop-up message for a while, but is no longer doing it.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

scgallafent wrote:That lets me rule out the code that isn't executed for stakes. It is happening in wards or just in stakes?
It did not happen when I logged into a Ward MLS last week.
I will check Stake MLS when I am there tomorrow. My original post was about Stake MLS.
benjamincarleski

Post by benjamincarleski »

I am both a stake and ward finance clerk for the moment, with the stake managing a recreational property, and so I have three units I sign into regularly on two separate computers. I have noticed on the stake MLS, it will list an urgent task every time I sign in with a task stating that a backup has not been done recently, even if I just signed out 5 minutes earlier and did a backup then. I have actually signed in and out 3 times in one 30 minute period (switching between the stake and recreational property), and each time a backup is required when exiting the stake unit, and an urgent message stating a backup hasn't been done recently (usually accompanied by a message about needing a send and receive) each time I log in. I haven't tried clicking on the message in the urgent messages list and doing a backup that way, but can try that when I'm in next. The recreational property unit does not have the same problem, but will typically only display an urgent message notice the first time I sign in.

The ward MLS behaves list the recreational property. It usually only lists that a backup has not been done if I log in again a couple days later. I have never had it display the urgent messages more than once in a day.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”