Urgent Task -- Not

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Urgent Task -- Not

Post by lajackson »

lajackson wrote:
scgallafent wrote:That lets me rule out the code that isn't executed for stakes. It is happening in wards or just in stakes?
It did not happen when I logged into a Ward MLS last week.
I will check Stake MLS when I am there tomorrow.
It did not happen on stake MLS today. There were no urgent tasks. There was no popup.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

This happens to me as well, on the stake MLS. Nothing to do with backups, just an empty urgent tasks list after the "there are urgent tasks" popup comes up. It sounds like it may be mainly a stake MLS problem, based on witnesses so far.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:This happens to me as well,
Note that I just reported it is no longer happening for us. I don't know if there have been any changes, other than the upgrade to MLS 3.7.1 but the problem has gone away for us, although originally it was exactly as you described.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

Still broke for me on my stake MLS. Details:
Tonight I signed in to MLS 3.7.0 (vers 3.7.0_22634) and got the Urgent Task pop-up. Clicked on it and as has been the case for the past few months, nothing in the Urgent Task List.
Did two Send/Receives and got the MLS 3.7.1 (vers 3.7.1_22772) patch set. Initiated a backup to disk, signed out of MLS, signed back in, got the new version pop-up, clicked OK and there was that pesky Urgent Task pop-up again. Clicked the pop-up and still nothing in the Urgent Task List.
Since I had a couple of spare minutes, I did another S/R, signed out, signed in... Urgent Task pop-up still there with nothing in the list.
Shut 'er down and came home.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Sounds like a stake issue. I'll watch for it and see if we can reproduce it.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

aebrown wrote:And just for a contrasting view, I would note that I am also a stake clerk, but I do NOT get the spurious "Urgent Tasks" message on startup with my stake MLS 3.7.0 installation.
Well, I just upgraded to MLS 3.7.1 today, and now I'm getting the message. I updated and was asked to do a backup, which I did. Then I exited and came back, and was told there was an urgent task. I considered that odd; when I went to the list of urgent tasks, I was told I needed to do a backup, even though I had done one just one minute before.

And since then I get the urgent task message every time I login, even though the urgent task list is empty.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Duplicated and fixed for MLS 3.8.0.

aebrown, it looks like a coincidence that it started when you upgraded to 3.7.1.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

scgallafent wrote:Duplicated and fixed for MLS 3.8.0.
Hooray, thanks!
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

This happened tonight right after I had installed MLS 3.7.3. I downloaded 3.7.3, and did a backup when I exited 3.7.2. When I started MLS 3.7.3, I was alerted to an urgent task that MLS has not been backed up recently. I clicked the link and overwrote the existing backup file.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:This happened tonight right after I had installed MLS 3.7.3. I downloaded 3.7.3, and did a backup when I exited 3.7.2. When I started MLS 3.7.3, I was alerted to an urgent task that MLS has not been backed up recently. I clicked the link and overwrote the existing backup file.
I know new versions of MLS will sometimes update the file format. That might be what triggered this. If so, then this is a one-time problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”