How do you edit children's information?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mjhill72

How do you edit children's information?

Postby mjhill72 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:46 pm

I'm fairly new at this and this is my first post. I didn't see this in a search of the forum. We had a member move in and upon going over the member's Individual Ordinance Summary she noticed that her children's and parents information needed changed (names were wrong). I was able to change/edit the father's name, but I cannot edit her children's names. Any suggestions? She is a convert and her children are non-members over the age of 8.
Thanks!

eblood66

Re: How do you edit children's information?

Postby eblood66 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:15 pm

mjhill72 wrote:I'm fairly new at this and this is my first post. I didn't see this in a search of the forum. We had a member move in and upon going over the member's Individual Ordinance Summary she noticed that her children's and parents information needed changed (names were wrong). I was able to change/edit the father's name, but I cannot edit her children's names. Any suggestions? She is a convert and her children are non-members over the age of 8.
Thanks!

I think it depends on whether the children have membership numbers listed.

If the child has a membership number listed then there may be a membership record for them which was created before they were 8. In that case you'd have to have that record in order to edit anything. If the children are living in your ward you can just request the records and make the changes when they arrive. If you don't get a record they may have a linked record instead. In that case you'll need to use a Special Request to ask CHQ to make the change. If the children do not live in your ward you'll need to use a Special Request as well.

If there is no membership number listed then you should be able to just remove the existing children and add them back with the correct information.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”