Count difference between Export and Unit statistics

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mcg30916
New Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:23 pm

Count difference between Export and Unit statistics

Postby mcg30916 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:33 pm

There is a count difference between the members that are counted in unit statistics and those that are exported in the Membership.csv export. More are exported in the Membership.csv file than what the unit statistics show.

1. Is the difference the records that have been sent from SLC to wards for finding lost members? If not, then what are they?

2. Is there a field in the Membership.csv file that can be used to filter those out?

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20721
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Count difference between Export and Unit statistics

Postby russellhltn » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:24 am

mcg30916 wrote:There is a count difference between the members that are counted in unit statistics and those that are exported in the Membership.csv export. More are exported in the Membership.csv file than what the unit statistics show.


A couple of things to check:

1) I believe that unit statistics are based on the end of the quarter, and the export is based on "now".
2) The membership.csv file will include non-members. Unit statistics do not.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 2023
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Re: Count difference between Export and Unit statistics

Postby eblood66 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:45 am

russellhltn wrote:2) The membership.csv file will include non-members. Unit statistics do not.

In particular, membership.csv will include children of record if they are 9 years old or older and have not yet been baptized. Unit statistics will not count such children.

User avatar
sbradshaw
Senior Member
Posts: 2484
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Provo, UT
Contact:

Re: Count difference between Export and Unit statistics

Postby sbradshaw » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:28 pm

eblood66 wrote:
russellhltn wrote:2) The membership.csv file will include non-members. Unit statistics do not.

In particular, membership.csv will include children of record if they are 9 years old or older and have not yet been baptized. Unit statistics will not count such children.

Other possibilities include temporary records that may have been created for non-member spouses, and temporary records created for out-of-unit leaders.


Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest