Non-member showing up in VT list

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jspector

Non-member showing up in VT list

Post by jspector »

I have a situation where a non-member female spouse is showing up on the Visiting Teaching roster. We do not have a birth date, but her record clearly shows non-member. We have a few others in the same situation, but none show up on the VT roster.

any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Non-member showing up in VT list

Post by russellhltn »

To show up, someone must have made a non-member record for her. I'd imagine they also assigned her to RS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jspector wrote:I have a situation where a non-member female spouse is showing up on the Visiting Teaching roster. We do not have a birth date, but her record clearly shows non-member. We have a few others in the same situation, but none show up on the VT roster.

any suggestions?
It depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Are you trying to remove her from the visiting teaching roster or add the sisters that don't show up on the visiting teaching roster to the roster?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I suspect jspector is wondering why some do and some don't.

I can say with certainty that for them to appear in the VT list, they must have a non-member record created in MLS. This is separate from being listed as spouse on the member's record. You can tell if they have a record if you can see their name when you go to "individual records". If they don't appear there, then you don't.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:I suspect jspector is wondering why some do and some don't.

I can say with certainty that for them to appear in the VT list, they must have a non-member record created in MLS. This is separate from being listed as spouse on the member's record. You can tell if they have a record if you can see their name when you go to "individual records". If they don't appear there, then you don't.
You can also tell if they have a non-member record by looking at the spouse's record. If the name is blue and clickable, you have a non-member record (and can get there by clicking on it). If the name is not blue and clickable, the information is only in the spouse record. You can create a non-member record for the spouse by clicking "Add Spouse to Household" at the top right of that panel. You can get rid of the non-member record by going to Membership Records > View and Update > Other Record Changes > Remove Nonmember.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:You can create a non-member record for the spouse by clicking "Add Spouse to Household" at the top right of that panel.
Just as a caution, the last I checked, that required the permission from the non-member. Probably because it makes them visible in things like the directory printed from MLS. (But the directory on lds.org does it's own thing. )

idjeeper2

Post by idjeeper2 »

This topic was discussed in the following thread starting about half way in:

https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=7300#

There might be some info there that will help.
jspector

Post by jspector »

Thanks, I try your suggestions and see what works. but it makes sense.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”