Non-member showing up in VT list

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jspector
New Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:47 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, Co

Non-member showing up in VT list

Postby jspector » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:55 pm

I have a situation where a non-member female spouse is showing up on the Visiting Teaching roster. We do not have a birth date, but her record clearly shows non-member. We have a few others in the same situation, but none show up on the VT roster.

any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20732
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Non-member showing up in VT list

Postby russellhltn » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:02 pm

To show up, someone must have made a non-member record for her. I'd imagine they also assigned her to RS.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Riverton, Utah

Re: Non-member showing up in VT list

Postby scgallafent » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:37 am

jspector wrote:I have a situation where a non-member female spouse is showing up on the Visiting Teaching roster. We do not have a birth date, but her record clearly shows non-member. We have a few others in the same situation, but none show up on the VT roster.

any suggestions?

It depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Are you trying to remove her from the visiting teaching roster or add the sisters that don't show up on the visiting teaching roster to the roster?

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20732
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Non-member showing up in VT list

Postby russellhltn » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:35 am

I suspect jspector is wondering why some do and some don't.

I can say with certainty that for them to appear in the VT list, they must have a non-member record created in MLS. This is separate from being listed as spouse on the member's record. You can tell if they have a record if you can see their name when you go to "individual records". If they don't appear there, then you don't.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Riverton, Utah

Re: Non-member showing up in VT list

Postby scgallafent » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:03 am

russellhltn wrote:I suspect jspector is wondering why some do and some don't.

I can say with certainty that for them to appear in the VT list, they must have a non-member record created in MLS. This is separate from being listed as spouse on the member's record. You can tell if they have a record if you can see their name when you go to "individual records". If they don't appear there, then you don't.

You can also tell if they have a non-member record by looking at the spouse's record. If the name is blue and clickable, you have a non-member record (and can get there by clicking on it). If the name is not blue and clickable, the information is only in the spouse record. You can create a non-member record for the spouse by clicking "Add Spouse to Household" at the top right of that panel. You can get rid of the non-member record by going to Membership Records > View and Update > Other Record Changes > Remove Nonmember.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20732
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Non-member showing up in VT list

Postby russellhltn » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:12 am

scgallafent wrote:You can create a non-member record for the spouse by clicking "Add Spouse to Household" at the top right of that panel.

Just as a caution, the last I checked, that required the permission from the non-member. Probably because it makes them visible in things like the directory printed from MLS. (But the directory on lds.org does it's own thing. )
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

idjeeper2
Member
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Boise, Idaho, USA

Re: Non-member showing up in VT list

Postby idjeeper2 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:54 pm

This topic was discussed in the following thread starting about half way in:

https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=7300#

There might be some info there that will help.

jspector
New Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:47 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, Co

Re: Non-member showing up in VT list

Postby jspector » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:47 pm

Thanks, I try your suggestions and see what works. but it makes sense.


Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest