Send and receive with wrong name

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jaws78

Send and receive with wrong name

Post by jaws78 »

One of the units in my stake has had problems with doing a send and receive since a new ward clerk was called. Despite changing the clerks name and details they are unable to do a send and receive unless they change the calling of ward clerk to the previous ward clerks name. It's a complete mystery to me. How can this be resolved?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Send and receive with wrong name

Post by russellhltn »

This must be some new functionality I haven't heard of.

What login is this clerk using? MLS logins should be tied to individuals, not positions. And the individual record needs to be tied to that person's membership record.

The only explanation I can think of is if the new clerk is using the old clerk's MLS login that login still tied to the old clerk's membership record. (And by extension, recording the calling of the new clerk causes MLS to think that this login is no longer associated with a clerk position.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:This must be some new functionality I haven't heard of.
If it makes you feel better, it's some new functionality I haven't heard of. There isn't anything that I know of in the code that requires someone to be a clerk to do a send/receive. I just tested and verified that a user without a clerk assignment can send/receive.

You can change the clerk calling and then see if it's limited to that one user or affects all users on the system. I would be surprised if it's one user.
jaws78

Post by jaws78 »

Just remembered that it's not a standard send and receive but sending the tithing report after church on Sunday. Sorry!
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Those that authorize the batch do need to have specific callings. You will need one member of the bishopric and a clerk (not membership) or a second bishopric member.

I did find that changing the calling after I was on the batch authorize screen didn't take immediately, I had to log out to have the new finance clerk able to authorize the batch.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”