Obtaining data export of all members email addresses?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Obtaining data export of all members email addresses?

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:I think it is reasonable that an e-mail address entered online with the privacy setting set to Private - Leadership Only will not sync with MLS after the Directory edit is saved. If, however, the e-mail address is entered online and the Directory edit is saved before the privacy setting is changed and saved then I would expect the e-mail address to show up in MLS.
Personally, I consider that quite unreasonable. The email addresses in MLS and on the Directory should stay in sync, regardless of the privacy setting. If it worked the way you suggest (and I'm not convinced that it does), that would mean that leaders would not be able to depend on the same information being in MLS and LDS.org. That would be a chaotic system. I would expect an email address change in MLS to sync with LDS.org, regardless of the privacy setting on LDS.org, and vice versa.

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this is how the sync works based on one isolated report, when we haven't verified that the usual step of a unit data refresh for such cases has not been done. We have certainly seen other cases where MLS and LDS.org got out of sync, and so it's possible that that is all we're seeing in this particular report.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”