MLS needs to be more like lds.org

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
johnshaw

Re: MLS needs to be more like lds.org

Post by johnshaw »

This is the crazy thing, Gary, you must not live an hour from a meeting house like many of our clerks. We don't even have an option to remote into the computer, which is a very outdated policy that needs to change....... Change...... Change.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

johnshaw wrote:you must not live an hour from a meeting house like many of our clerks.
While it maybe possible that some clerks live an hour away due to traffic or distance. However, when I look at the map of meeting houses in your area its hard to imagine that there is very many clerks living an hour or more from a meeting house.

Now Waynecooke he has something to complain about where he lives.
KerryBird

Post by KerryBird »

I have served many years as a clerk or priesthood leader, so I know what you are talking about with finding time when no one is using the ward computer. I can't say that I have never had to wait to use it, especially on Sunday.My wife has been RS President, so we've had to find time for her to use it too. We found that Saturday was usually a good day when no one was using the computer. Lucky for us, our chapel is only a few blocks from our home. Looking back over all of those years, it's nice that so much can now be done online. With smart phones, you don't even need to wait. You can have someone's membership information in seconds. We appreciate the efforts the developers are making so future leaders can do more without having to leave home and family. Keep up the good work!
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

kerrybird wrote:I have served many years as a clerk or priesthood leader, so I know what you are talking about with finding time when no one is using the ward computer. I can't say that I have never had to wait to use it, especially on Sunday.
We (the clerks) had a rule that the clerks had priority to the computer on Sundays during meeting times and directly after the meeting times. This was so we could take care of any last minute things that may come up and process finances. Of course we also had customer service policy where we would take care of inputting, updating, and outputting everything for everyone they just needed to provide us with the information.

It is nice to have allot on line and will be even nicer when everything you can do in MLS is on line and can be done at home.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”