No ones passwords work in MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
miken2av

No ones passwords work in MLS

Post by miken2av »

This morning one of our unit clerks called and no one can sign into MLS (3.6.1_21852 September 13, 2013) When you start typing user name it auto fills in like normal but no passwords work. I had them set up a teamviewer session for me and I tried my account but still no joy. In the past when this has happened it usually required a reinstall and restore database. They have good back ups so not an issue other than time. But previously when this would happen it was like the data wasn't there. For example the names wouldn't auto fill when you started to type them. So, since this was different than other times thought I would see if this has been an issue for anyone else. He said he thought MLS may have done an update but the version it shows looks like it was from September. Any ideas? Thanks
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: No ones passwords work in MLS

Post by jdlessley »

See the wiki article Lost user names (MLS). The loss of user names and or user passwords is one characteristic of data corruption caused by shutting down MLS incorrectly or shutting down the computer with MLS open. This is addressed in the wiki article.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Stupid question: is caps lock on? I'd check that first. Then I'd try restoring the user names.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
miken2av

Post by miken2av »

Thanks Russell, I had tried that already and believe me I wish it would have worked. jdlessley, I don't know why I didn't remember that post. I have had to use those methods before. It is so nice when option A works. Sadly it didn't. Had to use option B and restore from a back up. Now we just have to wait for HQ to reset the security.

Turns out the last few times they tried to exit MLS it would not exit using log off and exit so they had been having to ctl-alt-del / end program. Doing the restore has fixed that now so they can exit properly.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”