Home teaching custom report

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
tomdavidson

Home teaching custom report

Post by tomdavidson »

I would like to create a custom report in MLS. I have a few that are helpful and can create basic custom reports, but one that has a column of assigned home teaching households with the household data is needed.

I am aware of a standard report that shows companionship and assigned household data, but but including this data in a custom report, I would be able to export it rather than just print it out.

thank you and regards, tom
eblood66

Re: Home teaching custom report

Post by eblood66 »

tomdavidson wrote:I would like to create a custom report in MLS. I have a few that are helpful and can create basic custom reports, but one that has a column of assigned home teaching households with the household data is needed.

I am aware of a standard report that shows companionship and assigned household data, but but including this data in a custom report, I would be able to export it rather than just print it out.

thank you and regards, tom
Note that if you just want to export the standard report data you can use the Edit > Copy To File menu option. Note that although it suggests a csv extension it seems to actually create a tab delimited file.
tomdavidson

Post by tomdavidson »

Thank you eblood66, I had not realized the Edit->Copy to File tool before. The only problem is that the "HT Assignment" report has several columns, including assigned households, but the household contact info is only showed when you preview or print the report. "Copy to File" does export the column data as you described but I still would need a column report that includes the household details.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

tomdavidson wrote:Thank you eblood66, I had not realized the Edit->Copy to File tool before. The only problem is that the "HT Assignment" report has several columns, including assigned households, but the household contact info is only showed when you preview or print the report. "Copy to File" does export the column data as you described but I still would need a column report that includes the household details.
I'm pretty sure you can't do that with a custom report.

If you've got admin rights in MLS you could use the File > Export option. You'd have to use a database system or spreadsheet to create the report from the raw data but it can be done.

If you don't have admin rights, you could also use the Abbreviated Directory report and the Copy to File option to get the household contact information. You have to match up the households in the directory to the households in the HT report. I'm not sure how tough that would be.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”