Help needed with strange anomaly in MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Gary_Miller

Re: Help needed with strange anomaly in MLS

Post by Gary_Miller »

Biggles wrote:I think what is being suggested is to do a 'Request Unit Data Refresh'. In MLS this is found under the File menu at the top left of the screen. Click on that option, then do a send/receive. Then do another send/receive, after waiting for a short time.

Depending on when you do this, it can take several hours, or as little as 15 minutes, before the fresh data download is available
Yes this is what I'm suggesting, the reason being is be cause it seems that MLS is out out sinc CHQ data.

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago a record that I had moved out suddenly reappeared in MLS as if it never was moved. However it was not in Clerk Resources or the on line directory. A "Unit Data Refresh" brought everything back in sinc. I do think it should be used with caution and only in extreme cases where you know the data i way off and you need to get it back in sinc.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Gary_Miller wrote:I do think it should be used with caution and only in extreme cases where you know the data i way off and you need to get it back in sinc.
At one time it could cause problems, but it's done automatically on MLS upgrades. So in avoiding it, you're only postponing the inevitable. I wouldn't do it routinely, but if there's a problem I wouldn't hesitate to use it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jasondavie

Post by jasondavie »

Ok. So I'll first try a unit data refresh. Failing that, I'll then backup and restore the data. Finally, if those two solutions don't work, I'll reinstall MLS. If I have to use the third option, does MLS automatically download the latest saved data from CHQ or do I have to manually install data from a backup?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jasondavie wrote:Ok. So I'll first try a unit data refresh. Failing that, I'll then backup and restore the data. Finally, if those two solutions don't work, I'll reinstall MLS. If I have to use the third option, does MLS automatically download the latest saved data from CHQ or do I have to manually install data from a backup?
I'd suggest reading this wiki article, particularly the section on Clean Installation: MLS installation and repair
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jasondavie wrote:If I have to use the third option, does MLS automatically download the latest saved data from CHQ or do I have to manually install data from a backup?
Manually install from a backup.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”