Extended Menu: Reports

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
JasonG-p40

Extended Menu: Reports

Post by JasonG-p40 »

One of the requests I received this past Sunday from the bishopric is that MLS seems to be a little over-simplified. It's great for the people just starting to use the software, but for those that have been working with it for a number of years now, it's a little monotonous to get to some of the reports that need to be ran.

The suggestion they made was that we have an option in the menu bar of running some of the reports instead of having to go through a chain of links to get them all.

It would be much easier to click on Reports, and then drop down to the one that you want than to go to Link A to find Link B to take you to Link C where you can click on Link D to run the report.
Jason D. Griffith
Pampa Ward, Amarillo Stake (Texas)
Community Guidelines
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

JasonG wrote:One of the requests I received this past Sunday from the bishopric is that MLS seems to be a little over-simplified. It's great for the people just starting to use the software, but for those that have been working with it for a number of years now, it's a little monotonous to get to some of the reports that need to be ran.

The suggestion they made was that we have an option in the menu bar of running some of the reports instead of having to go through a chain of links to get them all.

It would be much easier to click on Reports, and then drop down to the one that you want than to go to Link A to find Link B to take you to Link C where you can click on Link D to run the report.
That sounds like a wonderful idea! I know personally when I need to print the RS Attendance Rolls or RS Birthday List, I sometimes forget which menu to click on and have to hunt until I find it. If it were easier to find, that would be great!

Good Suggestion Jason!!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That's one of the things I miss about MIS/FIS. The old report names were something like 2.4.3. So, from the main menu, you pressed, 2, then 4, then 3 and ran the report. :)

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”