Cell Phone Roster

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
spitfire-p40

Cell Phone Roster

Post by spitfire-p40 »

We are quickly seeing many families who are NOT using a land line but both wife/husband have their own cell phone. Presenlty the telephone roster permits only one number to show. Is there another way both numbers can be shown? A custom report? Also, anyway to indicate which number belongs to who i.e. (H)########, (W)######## or Joe ############## Susie #########.

Thanx in advance....

Sherry
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

spitfire wrote:We are quickly seeing many families who are NOT using a land line but both wife/husband have their own cell phone. Presenlty the telephone roster permits only one number to show. Is there another way both numbers can be shown? A custom report? Also, anyway to indicate which number belongs to who i.e. (H)########, (W)######## or Joe ############## Susie #########.

Thanx in advance....

Sherry

This has been discussed at great length on this forum, and many people empathize with your concern. See this thread. Fixing this in MLS is a challenge, but some hope was given in this post.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

spitfire wrote:We are quickly seeing many families who are NOT using a land line but both wife/husband have their own cell phone. Presenlty the telephone roster permits only one number to show. Is there another way both numbers can be shown? A custom report? Also, anyway to indicate which number belongs to who i.e. (H)########, (W)######## or Joe ############## Susie #########.

Thanx in advance....

Sherry
Yes, a custom report can do both Primary and Secondary phone numbers. As for indicating which belongs to who, you would have to add extra text to the telephone number field. There are many that don't feel comfortable adding data to the field that is not part of the actual phone number (as for myself, I feel this way too). But there are some that do this.

The other thing you can try is always having the Primary number be the husband's number and the Secondary number the wife's number, or vice-versa. Then when you do find someone with only a landline, that would still go in the Primary field. Just a few ideas if you are able to have everyone follow a standard format.

There have been a few threads on this site already about asking the Church developers to have at least one phone number per person, instead of a primary and secondary per household. So the Church already knows about the suggestion, and I imagine they are working on figuring out a way to get this feature into a newer version of MLS in the future.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”