Start MLS in fullscreen

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
michaelfish

Start MLS in fullscreen

Post by michaelfish »

I'm looking for a way to open MLS in full-screen mode. I've tried modifying the shortcut to run MAXIMIZED but that does not work.

Any ideas? Are there command line switches for this?
Gary_Miller

Re: Start MLS in fullscreen

Post by Gary_Miller »

All I do is click on the maximize/minimize button at the top right of the window, just like you would for any windows application.
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

Unfortunately, that does not start the program in full-screen.

Do you know of a way to have MLS start in full-screen mode without having to click on the maximize button?
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

michaelfish wrote:Do you know of a way to have MLS start in full-screen mode without having to click on the maximize button?
Nope.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

michaelfish wrote:Unfortunately, that does not start the program in full-screen.

Do you know of a way to have MLS start in full-screen mode without having to click on the maximize button?
I'm glad MLS can't be made to always open full-screen. I would hate that!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

davesudweeks wrote:
michaelfish wrote:Unfortunately, that does not start the program in full-screen.

I'm glad MLS can't be made to always open full-screen. I would hate that!
Ditto :) I like to see the context surrounding the window. This is one of those things that probably correlates to a Mac vs. PC mindset difference... Not that either is wrong; it's just opinion/preference; but I'll bet michaelfish is used to Windows and davesudweeks is used to Mac.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Actually, I have never used a Mac in my life. My reasoning is more practical. I found as ward clerk, that making MLS Full Screen did not help me in any of my duties and actually got in the way in some instances (by simply spreading the options farther apart). Reports default to the window width and scroll easily up and down with the mouse so there was no value to me in making it full screen.

I played with it full screen a few times and always found that I liked it better in the standard window size. It also really helped to not be full screen when I had a directory open for exporting data to.

The best answer would be to select the preferred window layout in the user options for each user, but with the church's efforts focused on moving everything to lds.org I don't expect that would happen.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

michaelfish wrote:Do you know of a way to have MLS start in full-screen mode without having to click on the maximize button?
Because MLS is written in Java, the option to open it in full-screen would have to be programmed in from the church. There's very little we can do from Windows to override that, other than hit the Maximize button once it opens. (A small price to pay. :))
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”