MLS showing that member is both moved out and still in unit

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
negfou

MLS showing that member is both moved out and still in unit

Post by negfou »

When I look at the list of members moved out, he's in the list, but when I look up his name in the individual record list, he's still there. For some reason there had been a hold on him and there had been difficulties getting him transferred out of our unit, but that issue was resolved and the other unit was able to successfully get his records. I just want to make sure that we don't have him on our records any more. For some reason, when I try to move his records, I get an error showing that he still has a hold on him. I'm wondering if some of the background work that was done to get his records to the new unit ended up messing up the database or something.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: MLS showing that member is both moved out and still in u

Post by russellhltn »

Seems odd. I'd call Local Unit Support on this one and I think you've done everything you can.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

negfou wrote:When I look at the list of members moved out, he's in the list, but when I look up his name in the individual record list, he's still there. For some reason there had been a hold on him and there had been difficulties getting him transferred out of our unit, but that issue was resolved and the other unit was able to successfully get his records. I just want to make sure that we don't have him on our records any more. For some reason, when I try to move his records, I get an error showing that he still has a hold on him. I'm wondering if some of the background work that was done to get his records to the new unit ended up messing up the database or something.
You might try a unit data refresh. Also, you might check online at https://clerk.lds.org. If the member still shows up in Clerk Resources then he is still in your ward and you can try to use the online tools to move him. If he doesn't show up then the unit data refresh may get MLS in sync.
negfou

Post by negfou »

He's not showing up on clerks.lds.org so it must just be an issue with the local database
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are you sure it's not a Temporary membership record? Because they can't be moved out - only deleted.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
negfou

Post by negfou »

After performing a unit data refresh, I was able to get him cleared out. Thanks for the advice.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”