"An error occurred" when trying to access organizations

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jensky

"An error occurred" when trying to access organizations

Post by jensky »

Hi everyone,

I'm a new ward clerk, and I'm receiving an error message when trying to access organizations. It just says "An error occurred" and has a yellow sad face. Has anyone seen this, or know how to fix it? Thanks.

Brent
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: "An error occurred" when trying to access organizations

Post by russellhltn »

You may have corrupt data. I'd suggest calling Local Unit Support. Trying to play with that can make it worse.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

Same thing here - showed up right after the update. I'm on hold waiting for LUS to pick up now.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

Never got the file, organizations are still broken.

SLC does keep sending me finance tx reports showing budget subcategory changes I made weeks ago though - just got my 4th copy.

Can't open organizations, can't restore from a backup ("missing financial data" and finance will be locked until SLC sends me a file). There is very, very poor change control on these system updates and not a very efficient way to recover from the problems.

I attempted to export the org data with the thought that I might be able to import and fix things, but no luck - no data is exported which means that something in the MLS update borked the table.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

aclawson wrote:I attempted to export the org data with the thought that I might be able to import and fix things, but no luck - no data is exported which means that something in the MLS update borked the table.
It's not surprising that if the data is in such a state that you can't view it in MLS, you also can't export it. And even if you could, there's no point in doing so -- MLS has no import capability.

So your only hope is to keep working with Support to get the data fixed. I've had to do that a half dozen times over the years, and it's a tedious process, but I've always gotten the help I needed to get up and running again.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

aclawson wrote:I attempted to export the org data with the thought that I might be able to import and fix things, but no luck - no data is exported which means that something in the MLS update borked the table.
I think it may be more likely that over time a problem developed in the table that 3.5 would still handle, but that has now become critical with the upgrade to version 3.6 or for some reason would not pass through the data conversion process during the upgrade.
maripedr

Post by maripedr »

Call the Local Unit Support and request a CDOL refresh, make send and receive two or 3 times, exit MLS and log in again and try to access Organizations again.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

maripedr wrote:Call the Local Unit Support and request a CDOL refresh
If you request a Unit Data Refresh from within MLS part of what is requested is a CDOL refresh.
deggertsen

Post by deggertsen »

jonesrk wrote: If you request a Unit Data Refresh from within MLS part of what is requested is a CDOL refresh.
Thank you! That fixed the problem for me.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”