Unit change from Branch to Ward

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
kodriscoll
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Unit change from Branch to Ward

Post by kodriscoll »

No worries. Have a great day.
chris_hazeldine

Post by chris_hazeldine »

Just thought I would check on this - menu is still showing both Branch Mission and Ward Mission in the menu.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

chris_hazeldine wrote:Just thought I would check on this - menu is still showing both Branch Mission and Ward Mission in the menu.
This has been corrected in MLS 3.6.2. You will need to request a unit refresh once you have that version of MLS and the Branch Mission should drop off the list at that point.
chris_hazeldine

Thank you - I saw a post that this started going out 15-Oct so hopefully will see it soon over this way.
kirkmeyers

Post by kirkmeyers »

Curious if this issue was resolved and what the final solution was? We have a unit that was just changed from a branch to a ward and their MLS still has a "Branch Missionaries" organization. I have requested that the now ward clerk move the mission leader and ward missionaries to the "Ward Missionaries" organization and then do a send/receive. Will that clear it up or do they have to do a send/receive and then also a unit refresh? They are running the latest version of MLS (can't remember the version and not at the church at the moment) so obviously that should incorporate this fix from back in 2013. Just curious how this one ultimately got cleared up should we continue to have an issue. Thanks!
chris_hazeldine

Call to GSC was the fix after the update went out. Prior to that I think they sent along refreshes with no avail.

Good luck
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I have cleaned it up in CDOL and sent them a refresh. I thought that when the type changed we did the cleanup automatically, but I'll be double checking on it.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”